STANDARD DEPOSIT POLICY
Stays of three nights or less, four night holidays, international reservations and special events require a full deposit. Stays of four to six nights require a 3-night deposit. As credit cards for any balances are not accepted at arrival, most guests pay in full on the credit card at time of reservation. Please indicate in the Notes Section if you do not want payment in full on your credit card. Payment of longer term stays are by arrangement. A written email confirmation will be sent to you upon the processing of your monies; any balance is noted and due upon arrival in travelers checks or cash. For those arriving after 6:00 pm balance is due prior to the arrival.
Century House warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our early 1800 North Shore Whaling Captain’s home, the property is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- Steps leading to the entrance of the Inn
- No elevator
- Numerous steps leading to guest rooms
- Narrow Hallways and doorways are not wheelchair accessible
If you have special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (508) 228-0530 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay. We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We guarantee that the specific guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
Deposit- less 10% cancellation fee on the full reservation – will be refunded if a written notice is received at least 15 day prior to the first day of the reservation. On shorter written notice, a refund will be issued if the cancellation space is resold without loss to the inn. This policy is implemented regardless of reason for cancellation (eg medical, weather or related etc). Due to the unpredictability of travel, it is strongly recommended that the guest obtain Travel Insurance. Check with your credit card company, as some provide the coverage. Also, the Wall Street Journal recommends the following:
GROUP OR INTERNATIONAL RESERVATIONS POLICY
Group events (eg: weddings, conferences, sporting events/Triathalon etc ) have a thirty (30) day cancellation policy and require payment in full at time of reservation.. A group is also considered to be a party of three or more rooms..
Century House accommodates children over the age of 9 years old.
Century House cannot accommodate pets; we are happy to recommend a kennel for boarding.
Century House is a non-smoking property.
Normal Check in time is between 2 PM and 7 PM. We request that guest notify us if arriving after 7 PM. Please call us at 508.228.0530 or email email@example.com if you plan to arrive after 7 PM.
Check out time is 11 AM.
* All Times indicated are EST.