“Top Five Eastern US Summer Inn Destinations” Forbes.com
In 1833, Captain Robert Calder of the Whaling Ship ALTO selected this site at 10 Cliff Road to build his mansion – no doubt because of its location on the North Shore of Nantucket Island, it’s high elevation and renown sea breezes. Today, Century House boasts its Residential Historic Location as a prime reasons guests select the inn. Just a few city blocks away from the Commercial Historic District , Century House offers the quiet of the residential and the quick proximity to the bustle of the commercial environment. The placement of the rooms in the inn provides that every room is a corner room with at least two exposures, thereby, maximizing the flow of natural light and sea breezes.
Click on the photos below to experience not only the essence of each guest accommodation, but also its unique Features and Standard Amenities. Note that measurements are approximate; and, that there is no elevator in the inn. The top third floor rooms have eaves and may present a challenge to tall guests.
Century House warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our early 1800 North Shore Whaling Captain’s home, the property is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- Steps leading to the entrance of the Inn
- No elevator
- Numerous steps leading to guest rooms
- Narrow Hallways and doorways are not wheelchair accessible
If you have special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (508) 228-0530 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay. We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We guarantee that the specific guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
- Corner Room
- Flat-screen TV
- DVD Player
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Molton Brown Toiletries
- Spring Water
- Buffet Breakfast Included
- AM/FM Radio